Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Who Am I?

Who am I?

I came from a magical land far, far away where soccer is football and a Queen is a woman.

I longed to marry Prince William for all the wrong reasons – I thought I actually loved him.

I speak English, I read and write German, and I talk to myself in a language all my own.

I am who I am, a walking, talking contradiction – but aren’t we all at every stage.

I admire Bridget Jones – but I pray I am not 30, single and miserable - unless I also live in London.

I love the law, but I can’t stand lawyers – ironic that I will be one soon.

I hope with all my heart that God will Bless America – and bless me to move back to Europe.

I know, deep down, I am jealous of me, but I absolutely refuse to admit that to myself.

I think not that superficiality bespeaks a poor character – if we were all philosophers, there’d be no opinions.

I believe that life should be embraced – that death must not be feared – and that chocolate should be eaten every day.

I understand myself to be a realist, but only when I am not dreaming.

I was once asked at a dance if I knew it took two to tango – I then introduced him to my imaginary friend.

I came, I longed, I speak, I am.
I admire, I love, I hope, I know.
I think, I believe, I understand, I was.
Here I am now, and
I would really like a job.

So somebody please save me from my misery.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. That bald susan powter chick knows how to stop the insanity.

    ReplyDelete